COVID – 19 Virus Update
At MKD Funeral Home, we are committed to doing our part to minimize the impact of COVID-19 / Coronavirus in our communities, our own families and the families we are honored to serve.
We want to assure our friends and families in our community that we have taken every proactive measure to help prevent the spread of any potential illness. We are monitoring and closely following local, state and federal guidelines.
The CDC provided guidance on March 11, 2020 that stated:
- Decedents can be embalmed using proper industry practices
- Decedents can still be buried or cremated; and we comply with all state and local requirements.
Our Federal Government has named funeral home personnel “Critical Infrastructure Workers”. This means we as funeral directors and staff are essential workers and will continue to work through Governor Whitmer’s Stay at Home Order (E.O. 2020-21) of March 23, 2020:
- You are still able to have a funeral, as funeral services have been deemed an “essential activity” by the Governor’s office
- Funeral services or private family gatherings are still limited to 50 people
NOTE – this number has the potential of changing yet again in the coming days
As a reminder, social distancing should be practiced regardless of the number of attendees. Furthermore, the following should be asked to refrain from attending either the arrangements conference or any services:
- A person who has tested positive for COVID-19 or is under investigation for COVID-19
- Anyone who has been in proximity with an individual who has tested positive
- Anyone with a fever or exhibiting cold and/or flu symptoms
- Anyone who has recently traveled internationally
Our goal is to honor loved ones, serve families, and keep our community healthy and safe.
MKD Funeral Home is the leader in our communities because of how we treat everyone as family. We are here to serve you beyond expectations. Know that we are all in this together and we will all be stronger together. We pray for God’s peace on each of you.
Please feel free to call us anytime during the day or night at 616-534-8656 to let us help you put your fears at ease when it comes to planning the funeral of a loved one.